Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Better for trim. Not great.

Shelby got trimmed yesterday by my faithful and trusted farrier. She was the best she's ever been. I don't know if it's just that she doesn't like her feet messed with, or she still isn't quite used to it, but she tried to bite and pull away a few times. She settled right back down, but is still testing in that area.

I was going to work with her a little today, but I am exhausted. She has the run of three smallish pastures with Chavez and Dani and no one wanted to come away from play and grazing time. I felt myself getting frustrated with three youngsters, who are normally quite easy to catch, who were running me in circles trying to get them into a smaller area. I let them have their freedom and went to feed the others.

I put the halter away and when I went to let Dodge out to graze with them (he had already eaten his pellets) there they all were, happy as you please. I petted each and came inside.

Some times it's just best to save it for another day.

No comments: